A comment from Tiger Woods prior to a June U.S. Open round was very telling relative to language and how it affects actions.
While most athletes talk about warming up, preparing, or getting ready, Tiger described his pre-round activities as “rehearsal.” And rather than simply hitting golf balls, he rehearses specific shots he expects to face during the course of a round. That’s a far cry from warming up, and his results obviously reflect that.
Take a lesson here and let’s all ask ourselves - How do I get ready for the important activities (both personal and professional) in my life? Do I warm up or do I rehearse?
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY - Provide your perspective on creativity at work in the poll on the upper left of the mikebrownspeaks home page. It's fast to do and will be great input to the August 12 program Jan Harness and I are doing on Creative Instigation for the Kansas City PRSA chapter. Thanks!
Brainzooming Articles at Brainzooming.com
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
How Do You Get Ready?
at
5:00 AM
Labels: career, communication, Competitive strategy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment