Brainzooming Articles at Brainzooming.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Only Person You’re Fooling Is Yourself

In the airport last week, I saw a “chunky” guy who had drawn a black line through the label sewn to the back of his jeans. That way, nobody could read his waist size. Interesting approach, but here’s an alternative – just cut off the label.

It was funny to see this site, but let’s all ask ourselves a question. What challenges or nuisances do WE try to “black out” that could actually be removed from our lives completely, if we were able to look at them in new ways?

Careful – don’t fool yourself!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I've seen this before, too, and it makes me wonder. If you think I'm looking at your jeans size, what makes you think I won't notice when you've marked through it. (And really, do I care?) Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I remember an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry either blacked out or changed his waist size. Very funny! dad

Mike Brown said...

Leslie - you're right about noticing the mark. There's no way that I could have read his jean size from as far away as I saw the black mark.

And I must admit Dad that I thought one possible reason for the guy not simply cutting the label off was what happened to you when you tried to remove the Izod gator from a windbreaker (to avoid the free advertising) - there was a placement mark underneath!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites My Zimbio

Subscribe in a reader