“Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.” - Frederic Chopin
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” - Albert Einstein
“What's really important is to simplify. The work of most photographers would be improved immensely if they could do one thing: get rid of the extraneous.” - William Albert Allard
“I would not give a fig for the simplicity this side of complexity, but I would give my life for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes
“I apologize for the length of this letter, but I didn't have time to make it shorter.” - Mark Twain
Brainzooming Articles at Brainzooming.com
Friday, June 13, 2008
Just a Few Words - Quotes on Simplicity
at
5:00 AM
Labels: communication, insights, quotes, SPECIAL WEEK, strategic thinking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bruce Lee - the late martial artist and actor - has also been quoted, simply:
“It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”
Seth - Thanks for the Bruce Lee comments. There was a sculptor from my home town named Fritz Felten who created enormous limestone images. I believe someone asked him one time how he created them, and he said it was just a matter to taking away all the unessential limestone to get to the image that was left in it. There's more info on Fritz at: http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?Hays&Kansas&City_ID=KS0802010&VA=Y&Attraction_ID=KS0802010a013
With the second quote, the challenge is thinking about something exactly the right amount of time...too little can be as bad as too much.
Take care, Mike
Post a Comment